ACADEMIC HISTORYDr. Pantelis Soupios
Department of Geosciences, College of Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Professor, 01 Sept. 2018 – now
Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Engineering at Hellenic Mediterranean University (HMU), Greece
- Professor, 28 Aug. 2014 – 31 Aug. 2018
- Chair, 01 Jan. 2013 – 31 Aug. 2014
- vice-Chair, 01 Sept. 2014 – 2018
- Vice-Dean of School of Applied Sciences for 2 years (2013, 2014)
- Associate Professor, 25 Jan. 2009 – 27 Aug. 2014
- Assistant Professor, 17 Nov. 2002 – 25 Jan. 2009
Prior to HMU
- Research Assistant, 1997-2002, School of Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Freelance Geologist/Geophysicist, March 1996 – Sept. 2002, contracted in geotechnical companies facing and solving geological, geotechnical, hydrogeological and environmental problems.
2005 - 2009
Director of the Sector of Water Resources and GeoEnvironment of Dept. Natural Resources and Environment, Technological Educational Institute of Crete.
2003 - 2009
Member of the Board of Directors, Technological Educational Institute of Crete.
2007 - 2017
Member of the committee for the evaluation of research and education of Department of Natural Resources and Environment of TEI Crete.
2002 - now
Undergraduate and gradate students tutor (2002-now)
2019 - now
Member of Scientific Council at KFUPM representing the College of Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences (2019-now )
2018 - now
Member of several Departmental, College and University Committees @ KFUPM (2018-now)